Saturday, October 6, 2012

How Far Would You Go To Save A Buck?

One lady in New York never does laundry and doesn't use toilet paper.

If you are like me,  you are probably thinking,

 "WHAT?!"

That's right. She washes her clothes with the water left in the shower after she washes herself. And she does not use toilet paper. Some people will go the extreme to save money, but I think that we all have a line we wouldn't cross and I definitely would not give up toilet paper unless we were in a survival setting. Granted, if I had one of those fancy bidets, maybe. While this woman is essentially making a low-tech bidet (she rinses and washes with soap instead of using toilet paper), she does " wipe off with a paper towel" when she is done. Let's not even go into the cleanliness issues of reusing a paper towel down there, even just for drying off....

I like saving money, but there is a line between cheap and cheapskate and it is probably the same line between $ and "ew" that I wouldn't cross. I have a good job. I am frugal, not a cheapskate. I have plans for the future that I am saving for. There's a lot I do that most people would not do to save a buck. I buy whole chickens and use all the bits. I make my own laundry detergent.  This, however, is just too too much for me. Perhaps it would make sense in a third world country. Maybe I'm just too socially aware... I'm sort of baffled by this.

Watch TLC's Extreme Cheapskates for yourself and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2211283/Extreme-Cheapskates-Americas-tightest-money-savers-exposed-new-season.html

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment