Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Modern Day Leaf

Back when I was in high school, I decided my final GT Art project would be a dress made of soda pop bottles. I spent the entire semester saving up supplies and the whole school donated. I called it "The Modern Day Leaf." It was a statement about how we cover ourselves. Adam and Eve covered themselves with leaves, to cover their sins. One day, if we don't care care of our world, all we will have to cover ourselves is our trash.

I went on to make a few more recycled "couture" pieces- a dress made from packing material and office supplies, a bra/skirt set made from packing tape and discarded gift tissue, and another from food packaging.

 I decided to pay a little visit to memory lane and share these old images with you. I hope you enjoy them!
















No comments:

Post a Comment